Updated: Jan 23
I don't know about you, but weekday breakfast is always difficult for me. I'm never THAT hungry when I wake up but know I should/need to eat something before I start my day. If I don't eat something with enough substance, I'm usually going to regret what I put into my body when I woke up because I'm hungry too soon.
How do I prevent this from happening? I've been experimenting with finding new ways to make breakfast appealing. It all actually started when I tried Sakara Life recently. If you're unfamiliar with Sakara Life, i'll explain what it is to you. Sakara life is a plant based company that provides breakfast, lunch and dinner (fully prepared) and ready to eat. They are innovative and make clean eating fun and interesting. I particularly found their breakfast to be absolutely amazing and I'm 100% obsessed.
The week I tried their service, I woke up excited for breakfast and each meal was so filling that i barely felt hungry for lunch. They were delicious and interesting but I haven't had their meals for the past week so I've been feeling a little bummed about what to eat when I wake up. Good news is I'll be enjoying their breakfast again next week!! But until then, I've created a muffin that reminded me of one of theirs and I'm super pumped to eat tomorrow morning.
P.S. If you're interested in trying Sakara Life, you can get 20% off your first ordered meal plan or 10 day reset by using my code: XOAMANDABAKER. It's totally worth the investment and I loved every meal. If you've never tried plant based eating before...this might be the time to get started!!
Anyway...onto the recipe I've created!
Makes 6 Small Muffins
-1/2 Cup Almond Flour
-1/4 Cup Tapioca Flour
-1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
-1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
-1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
-Lid full of vanilla extra (optional)
-1/4 Cup Almond Milk
-Handful Lilly's Keto Chocolate Chips
-1/4 Cup Blueberries
-1/4 Cup Goji Berries
-1/3 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
-2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with parchment inserts and set aside.
2) In a large mixing bowl, add in almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, Vanilla collagen creamer, baking powder and whisk together till combined
3) In a separate bowl, mix egg, maple syrup, applesauce, almond milk and vanilla extract together
4) Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix till thoroughly combined.
5) Begin to add chocolate chips, blueberries, goji berries and chia seeds together till they are fully combined with the rest of the batter.
6) Pour batter into the muffin cups and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Let it cool for 5 minutes before trying.
Enjoy!!! Catch you soon!